Halloween is just around the corner. No Halloween is complete without jack-o-lantern. This year make your kids’ Halloween extra special by carving pumpkins with them. Carving pumpkins is fun and wills surely create lasting memories. Get your carving knives and your printers ready for this happy Halloween treat.
What you need:
- Carving knives (there are kid friendly carving knives available both online and at craft stores)
- The first step in making jack-o-lanterns is by selecting the perfect pumpkin. Pumpkins are available at farmers’ markets or any local supermarket. Make sure you select good quality pumpkin. Good pumpkins should not have nicks, bruises and cuts. Look for pumpkins with sturdy stems. It should not be too bendable. Look for pumpkins with even color.
Remember most pumpkins rot in a week or less so buy your pumpkins just a few days before Halloween.
- Print out your stencil.
- Using a marker trace your stencil onto the pumpkin.
- Cut a lid on top of the pumpkin.
- Scrape off the pumpkin filling to make the pumpkin hallow.
- Using carving knives, carve the pumpkin.
Here are a few stencils you can use. All you have to do is make sure you have enough printer ink and hit the print button. Because you'll be cutting off the shaded parts, change the printer settings to draft mode and save ink. To save even more use recycled or used paper because you'll be throwing away the stencils after you finish.
One more of our favorite choices.
For these printable patterns and more visit: